Many are short enough to use as tweets along with the hashtag #RFRAfacts
Why are state RFRAs needed today?- State RFRAs have been needed to protect against undue state/local govt interference in religious exercise http://ow.ly/L4PKx
What do RFRAs actually do?- RFRAs give courts tried-and-true balancing test for weighing individual sincerely held relig beliefs against legitimate state interests.
- All RFRAs protect people with sincerely-held religious beliefs from over-intrusive government regulation http://ow.ly/L4QMW
- RFRAs winnow out those using religion as a pretext to escape application of general laws.
How does the RFRA balancing test work?- RFRAs allow a person to ask a court to consider their religious beliefs as a basis for claim or defense in a judicial proceeding.
Who does RFRA protect?- Whom does RFRA protect? (Hint: Everyone.) http://ow.ly/L4RHm
- When federal RFRA passed in 1993, a coalition of groups from across the religious, political, and legal spectrum came together to support it.
- RFRA laws advance conscience rights for all in the face of ever larger & more intrusive government--no more, and no less.
But aren't RFRAs just an excuse to discriminate or hide behind my religious beliefs?- RFRAs do not allow businesses to turn away customers or engage in discrimination as they see fit. http://ow.ly/L4TXx
- In no cases do RFRAs allow people to automatically appeal to religion to opt out of obeying a law. http://ow.ly/L4U5Z
- RFRAs do protect people of all faiths whose sincere beliefs are in danger of being unnecessarily burdened by the government.
- RFRAs are the best protection for everyone, allowing people of all beliefs to continue living free of intrusive government.