The nation's largest faith-based association of physicians, the Christian Medical Association (CMA, www.cmda.org), today lamented the Supreme Court's ruling on the Affordable Care Act, saying the decision threatens health care choice and "sounds an alarm across the country to people with faith-based and pro-life convictions."
- protecting patient access to care by enacting strong conscience protections;
- providing a safety net for the poor and patients with preexisting conditions;
- containing the cost of health insurance by opening up competition across state lines;
- reducing cost and keeping physicians in medicine by reforming malpractice lawsuits and reducing bureaucracy; and by
- rooting out and prosecuting Medicare and Medicaid fraud.