If the current radical version of healthcare overhaul legislation passes, there may not be enough physicians to go around.
Consider these facts:
- Experts predict that the nation may lack as many as 200,000 physicians by 2020.
- 45 percent of doctors say they are considering quitting if Congress passes health care overhaul.
- 95 percent of faith-based physicians polled said they will leave medicine if compelled to practice without conscience protections.
- Malpractice premiums are already forcing Ob-Gyn docs out of medicine.
- 20 percent of faith-based medical students polled say they're not going into Ob-Gyn as a result of abortion pressures.